Triathlon Training For Dummies
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
This authoritative guide helps you evaluate your cardiovascular fitness, muscle strength, endurance, and flexibility, and to set manageable realistic training goals. You’ll learn how to establish a workout schedule, choose a target finish time get the right, affordable equipment you’ll need for each leg of the race, and maximize your fitness and form for swimming, biking, and running. You’ll also get plenty of help in putting it all together as you focus your training, add dual workouts, become a quick-change artist, and save time during transitions. Discover how to:
- Choose an event to train for based on your fitness level
- Get into your best possible shape
- Select the right equipment and sportswear
- Train for an Olympic, Sprint, or Ironman triathlon
- Fuel your body and prevent injuries
- Prepare for training sessions
- Maintain energy and recover quickly
- Set training schedules for every triathlon event
- Treat common training and racing injuries
- Live like an athlete
Triathlon Training For Dummies comes complete with resources for finding triathlons near you, lists of items to bring along on race day, and tips on registration formalities and racing etiquette.