InDesign CS4 For Dummies
Whether you’re an experienced designer or just want to create a cool newsletter for the school soccer team, you’ll benefit from Galen Gruman’s guidance. This desktop publishing expert shows you how to navigate InDesign menus, dialog boxes, panels, and panes; streamline your work with templates; prepare your creations for printing or online publication, and more.
- Explore the new tools, work with the application frame, and set preferences for the way you work
- Learn to open and save documents and export content
- Get familiar with the Pages panel, apply Master Pages, and work with Layers
- Make the most of color with color libraries, multi-ink colors, spot versus process color, and gradients
- Create layout guidelines and use color swatches for consistency
- Streamline text formatting by using styles and treat text as a graphic element
- Design for the Web with hyperlinks, multimedia elements, and Flash files
- See how InDesign CS4 works seamlessly with other applications in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Discover why good design is part science and part art and learn to manipulate, organize, and align design objects
- Take advantage of tips for cropping and positioning graphics
- Prepare for printing or other output with enhanced preflighting tools
InDesign CS4 For Dummies also offers great advice for designing pages that do their job perfectly. Start creating today!
Part I: Before You Begin.
Chapter 1: Understanding InDesign Ingredients.
Chapter 2: Making InDesign Work Your Way.
Part II: Document Essentials.
Chapter 3: Opening and Saving Your Work.
Chapter 4: Discovering How Pages and Layers Work.
Chapter 5: The Joys of Reuse.
Chapter 6: Working with Color.
Part III: Object Essentials.
Chapter 7: Adding Essential Elements.
Chapter 8: Manipulating Objects.
Chapter 9: Organizing Objects.
Chapter 10: Aligning and Arranging Objects.
Part IV: Text Essentials.
Chapter 11: Putting Words on the Page.
Chapter 12: The Ins and Outs of Text Editing.
Chapter 13: The Styles of Text.
Chapter 14: Fine-Tuning Paragraph Details.
Chapter 15: Finessing Character Details.
Chapter 16: Tricks with Text.
Part V: Graphics Essentials.
Chapter 17: Importing Graphics.
Chapter 18: Fitting Graphics and Setting Paths.
Part VI: Getting Down to Business.
Chapter 19: Working with Tabs and Tables.
Chapter 20: Working with Footnotes, Indexes, and TOCs.
Chapter 21: Working with Automatic Text.
Chapter 22: Publishing Books.
Part VII: Printing and Multimedia Essentials.
Chapter 23: Printing Your Work.
Chapter 24: Multimedia Project Basics.
Part VIII: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 25: Top Ten New Features in InDesign CS4.
Chapter 26: Top Ten Resources for InDesign Users.