Microprocessor Theory and Applications with 68000/68020 and Pentium
This book presents the fundamental concepts of assembly language programming and system design associated with typical microprocessors, such as the Motorola MC68000/68020 and Intel? Pentium?. It begins with an overview of microprocessors--including anexplanation of terms, the evolution of the microprocessor, and typical applications--and goes on to systematically cover:
- Microcomputer architecture
- Microprocessor memory organization
- Microprocessor Input/Output (I/O)
- Microprocessor programming concepts
- Assembly language programming with the 68000
- 68000 hardware and interfacing
- Assembly language programming with the 68020
- 68020 hardware and interfacing
- Assembly language programming with Pentium
- Pentium hardware and interfacing
The author assumes a background in basic digital logic, and all chapters conclude with a Questions and Problems section, with selected answers provided at the back of the book. Microprocessor Theory and Applications with 68000/68020 and Pentium is an ideal textbook for undergraduate- and graduate-level courses in electrical engineering, computer engineering, and computer science. (An instructor's manual is available upon request.) It is also appropriate for practitioners in microprocessor system design who are looking for simplified explanations and clear examples on the subject. Additionally, the accompanying CD-ROM, which contains step-by-step procedures for installing and using Ide 68k21 (68000/68020) and MASM32 / Olly Debugger (Pentium) software, provides valuable simulation results via screen shots.
1. Introduction to Microprocessors.
2. Microcomputer Architecture.
3. Microprocessor Memory Organization.
4. Microprocessor Input/Output.
5. Microprocessor Programming Concepts.
6. Assembly Language Programming with the 68000.
7. 68000 Hardware and Interfacing.
8. Assembly Language Programming with the 68020.
9. 68020 Hardware and Interfacing.
10. Assembly Language Programming with the Pentium: Part 1.
11. Assembly Language Programming with the Pentium: Part 2.
12. Pentium Hardware and Interfacing.
Appendix A. Answers to Selected Problems.
Appendix B. Glossary.
Appendix C. Motorola 68000 and Support Chips.
Appendix D. 68000 Execution Times.
Appendix E. 68000 / Selected 68020 Instruction Set.
Appendix F. Pentium Instruction Format and Timing.
Appendix G. Pentium Instruction Set in Real Mode (Selected).
Appendix H. Pentium Pinout and Pin Descriptions.
- This will be the only book covering basic microcomputer interfacing and I/O techniques with simple I/O devices such as LEDs, switches and A/D converters, hexadecimal keyboard and seven-segment displays.
- Inclusion of both Intel and Motorola microprocessors in a very simplified manner along with lots of examples make this book highly suitable for adoption
- This book is comprehensive and covers all major areas of assembly language programming with microprocessors.