Improving Leadership in Nonprofit Organizations
December 2003, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Well-grounded in theory, research, and practice, Improving Leadership in Nonprofit Organizations is a comprehensive resource that goes beyond traditional nonprofit management theory to offer the latest in cutting-edge thought on leadership for nonprofit organizations. The book offers a wealth of new directions and ideas for leadership and features chapters written by such well-known experts as Frances Hesselbein, Stephen Dobbs, Florence Green, and Jay Conger. Improving Leadership in Nonprofit Organizations discusses the most compelling leadership challenges and issues for nonprofit organizations and
- Shows that transformational leaders of nonprofits lead more effective organizations
- Includes a comparison of highly functioning for-profit boards with boards of nonprofit organizations
- Provides an analysis of dysfunctional boards
- Discusses for-profit "organizations of hope" that provide important leadership for social change and responsibility
- Suggests strategies for managing and motivating a volunteer workforce
- Presents a model for leading nonprofit projects
- Offers a valuable model for program evaluation in nonprofit organizations
- Considers the ongoing development of nonprofit leaders
- Includes strategies to develop leadership capacity