Architecting Resilient Systems: Accident Avoidance and Survival and Recovery from Disruptions
The study of resilience encompasses the processes, disciplines, and infrastructure that need to be in place to anticipate and prevent major accidents, survive unprecedented disruptions, and maintain systems operation. Architecting Resilient Systems presents a framework for implementation that both public and private organizations can use as a guide to establishing procedures for anticipating, surviving, and recovering from disruptions. Relying on an uncommon level of familiarity with current research and standard ways programs are run in industry, this resource presents principles that may be applied to an extensive number of system types and environments. Coverage includes:
- A systems approach to treating resilience—including both holistic and analytical methods in which systems architecting plays a major role
- The management and technical processes necessary to grasp system resilience, and the interaction between them
- Approaches that depart from accepted practices in industry and government
- Illuminating case histories—from chemical to civil infrastructure to aircraft—along with comparisons that identify similarities
- A discussion of and suggested approaches to dealing with cultural mindsets that can be detrimental to system resilience
- End-of-chapter problems
Meeting the worldwide demand for an implementation approach to systems resilience, this timely guide can be used as a textbook in university courses or as a reference for practicing engineers, systems architects, technology managers, government agencies, and any business professional whose role is to plan for natural and human-made disruptions.
Notes on terminology.
Chapter 1 On Resilience.
Chapter 2 System Resilience and Related Concepts.
Chapter 3 Disruptions.
Chapter 4 Case Histories.
Chapter 5 Culture.
Chapter 6 Capabilities.
Chapter 7 Infrastructure.
Chapter 8 Resilience Architecting.
Chapter 9 Governance.
Chapter 10 Measuring Resilience.
Chapter 11 Cost.
Chapter 12 Implementations.
Chapter 13 A Summary of Themes.
Chapter 14 A Final Word.
Appendix A Domain-Specific Example for a Fire Protection Infrastructure System.
Appendix B A Resilience Analysis of Metrolink 111.
Architecting Resilient Systems: Accident Avoidance and Survival and Recovery from Disruptions (US $95.95)
Total List Price: US $186.90
Discounted Price: US $140.17 (Save: US $46.73)