Google Blogger For Dummies
More than 14 million people are promoting a business, connecting with family and friends, and sharing opinions with Google Blogger. This book helps you start a Blogger account, create content, build an audience, make money from your blog, and more, all without learning to program. You’ll be able to:
- Learn the parts of a blog, what Blogger does, and how to choose goals and blog topics
- Choose a domain name, learn to use the dashboard, pick a template, and configure settings
- Dress up your blog with themes and find out where to get plenty of free ones
- Learn blogging etiquette and some secrets for long-term success
- Make money from your blog with Google Adsense, contextual and text link ads, and merchandising with CafePress
- Set up multi-user blogs or branch into mobile blogging, podcasting, or video blogging
- Take advantage of social networking sites and learn simple search engine optimization techniques
- Maintain your blog with tools like Blog This! and Quick Edit
- Moderate comments effectively, track your stats, and more
Google Blogger is a great choice for beginning bloggers, and Google Blogger For Dummies gives you the know-how to venture confidently into the blogosphere.
Part I: Introducing Google Blogger.
Chapter 1: Choosing Blogger as Your Blogging Software.
Chapter 2: Welcome to the Blogosphere.
Chapter 3: Blogging Basics and Buzzwords.
Part II: Using Google Blogger.
Chapter 4: Getting Started with Blogger.
Chapter 5: Setting Up Your Blog.
Chapter 6: Writing and Publishing Blog Posts.
Chapter 7: Enhancing Your Blog with Templates.
Chapter 8: Adding Features and Functionality with Elements and Gadgets.
Chapter 9: Managing Your Blog.
Part III: Making Money with Blogger.
Chapter 10: The Business of Blogging.
Chapter 11: Maximizing Revenue with Google AdSense.
Part IV: Growing Your Audience.
Chapter 12: The Power of Networking and Relationship Building.
Chapter 13: Boosting Your Search Engine Ranking.
Part V: Extending Your Blog.
Chapter 14: Growing or Downsizing Your Blog.
Chapter 15: Blogging from Different Media.
Chapter 16: Moving Beyond Blogger.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 17: Ten Useful Social Networking and Social Bookmarking Sites.
Chapter 18: Ten Common Blogger Problems and Possible Solutions.
Chapter 19: Ten Places to Find Free Blogger Themes and Templates.
For Dummies blogging books give you everything you need to know about blogging. From starting a blog to monetizing your blog to setting up a corporate blog, For Dummies books are making blogging easier.