This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
- Emphasis on applications of lasers and on optical physics rather than lasers
- Discussions have been focusing on the basic physics of the interaction of light with matter and the basic operating principles of lasers
- Significant additions including sections on Polarization and Modulation, Frequency Stabilization, and an expanded section on Amplified Spontaneous Emission
- New chapter on Introduction to Nonlinear Optics
- New sections on chirped-pulse amplification and fiber amplifiers
- A section on Adaptive Optics for Astronomy, a topic of growing interest for correcting the effects of atmospheric turbulence on large ground-based telescopes, has been included