International Cuisine, (Unbranded)
July 2008, ©2009
Turkey, Greece, and Crete.
Germany, Austria, Switzerland.
Scandinavia and Russia.
- A selection of menus and a total of 415 authentic recipes, representing all countries and regions discussed are included
- Recipes are formulated for current practices and available ingredients, and include detailed ingredients lists and step-by-step instructions
- Unusual ingredients were kept to a minimum, and recipes including them also have Chefs Tips, which indicate suitable substitutions
- All menus and recipes were tested
- 32 beautiful color photographs illustrating finished dishes, included on two 8-page inserts, plus 50 b/w photos throughout
- An emphasis on sustainabilitymost cuisines covered are based on sustainable food choices
- Influences on cuisine span cultural, historical, religious, geographical, and include the influence of locally available ingredients, alongside cooking techniques
- Maps included in each chapter
- Countries chosen represent 5 continents, and the Caribbean and British Isles
- Detailed ingredients lists and culinary glossaries for each county or region discussed
- Organized in a flexible and accessible fashion so instructors can use the materials however they teach the course
- Instructor’s Manual available