International Cuisine, (Unbranded)
July 2008, ©2009
International Cuisine provides comprehensive coverage of cuisines found throughout the world not only through recipes and techniques, but also through coverage of the history, culture, geography, religion, and locally grown ingredients that influence these various cuisines.
Turkey, Greece, and Crete.
Germany, Austria, Switzerland.
Scandinavia and Russia.
- A selection of menus and a total of 415 authentic recipes, representing all countries and regions discussed are included
- Recipes are formulated for current practices and available ingredients, and include detailed ingredients lists and step-by-step instructions
- Unusual ingredients were kept to a minimum, and recipes including them also have Chefs Tips, which indicate suitable substitutions
- All menus and recipes were tested
- 32 beautiful color photographs illustrating finished dishes, included on two 8-page inserts, plus 50 b/w photos throughout
- An emphasis on sustainability—most cuisines covered are based on sustainable food choices
- Influences on cuisine span cultural, historical, religious, geographical, and include the influence of locally available ingredients, alongside cooking techniques
- Maps included in each chapter
- Countries chosen represent 5 continents, and the Caribbean and British Isles
- Detailed ingredients lists and culinary glossaries for each county or region discussed
- Organized in a flexible and accessible fashion so instructors can use the materials however they teach the course
- Instructor’s Manual available