Theoretical Perspectives on Student Success: Understanding the Contributions of the Disciplines: ASHE Higher Education Report, Volume 34, Number 1
July 2008, Jossey-Bass
The model also assumes that
- student success is a longitudinal process
- multiple theoretical approaches inform understanding of student success
- student success is shaped by multiple levels of context
- the relative contribution of different disciplinary and area perspectives to understanding student success varies
- multiple methodological approaches contribute to knowledge of student success
- student success processes vary across groups.
The monograph offers several implications of the model for policymakers and practitioners as well as researchers.
This is the first issue in the 34th volume of the Jossey-Bass series ASHE Higher Education Report. Each monograph in the series is the definitive analysis of a tough higher education problem, based on thorough research of pertinent literature and institutional experiences. Topics are identified by a national survey. Noted practitioners and scholars are then commissioned to write the reports, with experts providing critical reviews of each manuscript before publication.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Theoretical Perspectives on Student Success: Understanding the Contributions of the Disciplines: ASHE Higher Education Report, Volume 34, Number 1 (US $29.00)
-and- Academic Leadership Day by Day: Small Steps That Lead to Great Success (US $29.00)
Total List Price: US $58.00
Discounted Price: US $43.50 (Save: US $14.50)