Mastery of the Financial Accounting Research System (FARS) Through Cases, 2nd Edition
July 2008, ©2008
Chapter 2: Resources Beyond the Financial Accounting Research System (
Chapter 3:: Building Your Business Vocabulary: Defining Terms and Solving Problems Through
Chapter 4: Brain Teasers: Using
Chapter 5: Cases to Accompany
Dr. Wallace has received the Wildman Gold Medal awarded to the most significant literary contribution to the advancement of public accounting over a three-year period by the American Accounting Association (AAA) and Deloitte. She has also been awarded a Certificate of Distinguished Performance on the Certified Management Accounting Examination and the Highest Achievement Award (Gold Medal) on the international certified Internal Auditor Examination. A past AAA Vice President, Dr. Wallace has served on the Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Council (FASAC) that advises the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) in 1991 and on the Government Auditing Standards Advisory Council. She has authored over 40 books and monographs, and over 200 articles in such journals as the Harvard Business Review, CPA Journal, Government Finance Review, and Wall Street Journal.
· Flexibility of the casebook is maintained i.e., able to use the product across multiple courses and levels of instruction, covering key areas of practice and theory.
· The Primer (Chapter 1) is updated to reflect the format and content of
· Resources Beyond The Financial Accounting Research System (Chapter 2) is updated for web sites and developments in databases. A 2005 event is used for a small public company, permitting emphasis on revenue recognition issues, regulatory processes, and developments associated with restatements.
· Building Your Vocabulary: Defining Terms And Solving Problems Through FARS (Chapter 3)adds and subtracts relevant vocabulary based on developments and a number of self-help, hand-holding types of problems are now included
· Brain Teasers: Using
· Cases To Accompany
· A Teaching Notes orientation will be taken in providing resources for instructors using the second edition (similar to the shortened Instructors' Manual that accompanied the first edition)
• Correlations guides are available that tie the casebook to all Wiley Accounting textbooks. The casebook can be packaged with any Wiley Accounting text for a discount price.
• Mastering FARS Online, a series of interactive tutorials available via the internet support use of
• Author Wanda A. Wallace is a recognized leader in the accounting industry with a strong scholarly reputation.