Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X For Dummies
This book gives you a solid foundation in Cocoa and the unusual syntax of Objective-C. You’ll learn what’s new in Cocoa frameworks and create an application step by step. For example, you can:
- See how Xcode underlies your applications as the main component of Apple’s IDE
- Examine the basics of the Objective-C language, the elements of a Cocoa interface, and object-oriented programming
- Use Xcode and Interface Builder
- Spruce up your apps with audio, video, Internet features, stylized text, and more
- Create applications with the stunning graphics for which Macs are famous
- See how to build apps with multiple documents and even executables that aren’t traditional Mac apps
- Use all the exciting new Cocoa features
- Work with Cocoa numbers, arrays, Booleans, and dates
- Build document-based applications
- Simplify with key-value coding
The better you understand Cocoa programming, the better the
applications you can create for Mac OS X, iPhone, and iPod Touch.
Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X For Dummies makes it easy and
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Part I: Developer Tools.
Chapter 1: A Brief Tour of Cocoa Development.
Chapter 2: Creating Your First Cocoa Application.
Chapter 3: Xcode.
Chapter 4: Interface Builder.
Chapter 5: Putting Polishing Touches on Your Application.
Part II: Instant Cocoa and the Objective-C Language.
Chapter 6: The Basics of Objective-C.
Chapter 7: MVC Design.
Chapter 8: A Window with a View.
Chapter 9: Working with Interface Controls.
Chapter 10: Cocoa Data Types.
Part III: Putting It All Together: Cocoa Programming in Depth.
Chapter 11: Text.
Chapter 12: Graphics.
Chapter 13: Managing Your Files.
Chapter 14: Printing with Cocoa.
Chapter 15: Cocoa on the Internet.
Chapter 16: Multimedia.
Part IV: Advanced Cocoa Topics.
Chapter 17: Document-Based Applications.
Chapter 18: Cocoa Bindings.
Chapter 19: Core Data.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 20: Ten Tips to Make Cocoa Programming Easier.
Chapter 21: Ten Great Web Sites for Cocoa Developers.