Addicted to Stress: A Woman's 7 Step Program to Reclaim Joy and Spontaneity in Life
December 2008, Jossey-Bass
A woman's down-to-earth guide for releasing stress and reclaiming her free-spirit
Stress management expert and radio personality Debbie Mandel presents her highly original program for stress reduction. She explains that women who are constantly stressed out have forgotten the dreams of the free-spirited girl living inside them before they became somebody's wife, mother, or workplace colleague. This book, the inspiring and humorous story of successful recovery from stress addiction, outlines her seven steps that have proven to help women overcome daily stressors and reclaim a life of joy and spontaneity.
- Explores the habit forming pressure principle of stress addiction and how to cure it
- Provides step-by-step program for self-empowerment, self-care, healthy narcissism, and renewing humor in a woman's relationships
- Explains the powerful, researched based relationship between food, exercise, and mood
- Contains indispensable strategies for accepting constructive conflicts with a spouse, partner, friend or colleague to get what she wants
- Teaches specific techniques for reducing and eliminating stress reduction
Addicted to Stress shows how as the addiction to stress is cured, women find it possible to build up an immunity to outside pressure and become their true core self.
STEP 1 Be Aware of Your Own Stress Addiction 1
STEP 2 Reclaim Your Identity 31
STEP 3 Learn to Become a Healthy Narcissist 57
STEP 4 Build a Healthy Body 85
STEP 5 Cultivate Your Sense of Fun and Humor 119
STEP 6 Jump-Start Your Libido 147
STEP 7 Reframe Your Thoughts 175
EPILOGUE A New View of You 205
About the Author 229
Debbie Mandel is the radio talk show host of a popular weekly health and fitness radio show on WGBB 1240 AM in Long Island, New York, which is broadcast live and on the Internet. She is the publisher of the highly regarded wellness Web site www.addictedtostress.com and conducts stress-management and relationship workshops for couples, women's groups, and others.