Leadership for a Better World: Understanding the Social Change Model of Leadership Development
June 2009, Jossey-Bass
About the Authors and Editors.
PART 1: SOCIAL CHANGE AND THE SOCIAL CHANGE MODEL OF LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT.
1. What Is Social Change (Wendy Wagner)?
2. An Overview of the Social Change Model of Leadership Development (Kristan Cilente).
3. Applying the Social Change Model: A Case Study Approach José-Luis Riera).
4. Change (Nurredina Workman).
PART 2: SOCIETAL/COMMUNITY VALUES.
5. Citizenship (Jennifer Bonnet).
PART 3: GROUP VALUES.
6. Collaboration (Jordan England).
7. Common Purpose (Alex Teh).
8. Controversy with Civility (Cecilio Alvarez).
PART 4: INDIVIDUAL VALUES.
9. Consciousness of Self (Justin Fincher).
10. Congruence (Tricia Shalka).
11. Commitment (Ashlee M. Kerkhoff and Daniel T. Ostick).
PART 5: CHANGE AGENTS.
12. Becoming a Change Agent (Marybeth J. Drechsler and William A. Jones).
Susan R. Komives and Wendy Wagner.
Susan R. Komives is cofounder of the National Clearinghouse for Leadership Programs. She is the coauthor of Exploring Leadership: For College Students Who Want to Make a Difference, Second Edition.
Wendy Wagner is the former coordinator of the National Clearinghouse for Leadership Programs. She is the coeditor of the Handbook for Student Leadership Programs and has published on the Social Change Model.
The National Clearinghouse for Leadership Programs supports leadership development in college students through professional development for leadership educators.