Solid State Polymerization
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
Solid State Polymerization (SSP)is an indispensable tool in the design, manufacture, and study of polymers, plastics, and fibers. SSP presents significant advantages over other polymerization techniques due to low operating temperatures, inexpensive equipment, and simple and environmentally sound procedures. Combining fundamentals of polymer science, chemistry, physical chemistry, and engineering, SSP also offers many research applications for a wide range of students and investigators.
Gathering and filtering the latest literature on SSP, Solid Solid State Polymerization offers a unique, one-stop resource on this important process. With chapters contributed by leaders in the field, this text summarizes SSP, and provides essential coverage that includes:
- An introduction to SSP, with chemical and physical steps, apparatus, advantages, and parameters
- SSP physical chemistry and mechanisms
- Kinetic aspects of polyesters and polyamides SSP
- Catalysis in SSP processes
- Application of SSP under high pressure conditions in the laboratory
- Engineering aspects regarding process modeling and industrial application
- Recent developments and future possibilities