Elementary Linear Algebra: Applications Version, 10th Edition + WileyPLUS, Student Solutions Manual
July 2010, ©2011
- More basic applications are covered throughout
- Section-end Concept Review helps students to review and prepare for exams
- Skills listed at the end of every section are learning objectives that students and professors can use to measure progress
- True/false exercises quickly assess conceptual understanding and logical reasoning
- Chapters 3 and 4 from the 9th are combined to form a single chapter on Euclidean vector spaces, providing more compact coverage and facilitating earlier introduction of general vector spaces
- Eigenvalues and eigenvectors are introduced earlier, in chapter 5, making it easier for instructors who want to spend more time on these important topics
- Chapter 9 focuses on numerical approaches that better reflect current usage of computers
Proof Sketches – Students sharpen their mathematical reasoning skills and understanding of proofs by filling in justifications for proof steps in some exercises.
Emphasizes Visualization – Geometric aspects of various topics are emphasized, to support visual learners, and to provide an additional layer of understanding for all students. The geometric approach naturally leads to contemporary applications of linear algebra in computer graphics that are covered in the text.
Mathematically Sound – Mathematical precision appropriate for mathematics majors is maintained in a book whose explanations and pedagogy meet the needs of engineering, science, and business/economics students.