Illustrator CS4 Bible
- Adobe expert Ted Alspach reveals the latest on Illustrator CS4’s new features and thoroughly explains how to integrate Illustrator with the rest of Creative Suite 4
- Teaches you step-by-step how to create designs that work beautifully, whether in print or online
- Covers the basics of drawing, painting, coloring, and uncoloring
- Offers essential tips for mastering paths, masks, blends, patterns, transparency, and type
- Introduces you to enhanced Smart Guides and a new Crop Area tool
- Demonstrates how to work in multiple pages with CS4’s new Artboard tool
- Packed with practical tips and tricks to improve designs and conquer the Web with scripts and online design techniques
Part I: Illustrator Basics.
Chapter 1: What’s New in Illustrator CS4?
Chapter 2: Understanding Illustrator’s Desktop.
Chapter 3: Working with Illustrator Documents.
Chapter 4: Understanding Drawing and Painting Techniques.
Chapter 5: Creating Objects, Graphs, and Symbols.
Chapter 6: Learning How to Select and Edit.
Chapter 7: Understanding Color, Gradients, and Mesh.
Part II: Putting Illustrator to Work.
Chapter 8: Using Illustrator to Organize Objects.
Chapter 9: Working with Type.
Chapter 10: Using Creative Strokes and Fills with Patterns.
Chapter 11: Applying Transformations and Distortions.
Chapter 11: Using Path Blends, Compound Paths, and Masks.
Chapter 13: Using Live Trace.
Chapter 14: Using Live Paint.
Part III: Mastering Illustrator.
Chapter 15: Working with Graphic Styles and Effects.
Chapter 16: Creating 3-D in Illustrator.
Chapter 17: Customizing and Automating Illustrator.
Part IV: Getting Art Out of Illustrator.
Chapter 18: Understanding PostScript and Printing.
Chapter 19: Creating Web Graphics.
Chapter 20: Illustrator Workflow.
Appendix: Shortcuts in Illustrator CS4.
Ted Alspach is the author of more than 30 books on graphic design and publishing, including Illustrator For Dummies and previous editions of the Illustrator Bible. Ted spent eight years at Adobe on the Illustrator and Creative Suite product management teams, enabling him to provide a unique perspective on getting the most out of Adobe Illustrator CS4.