Mac OS X Snow Leopard Just the Steps For Dummies
This down-to-basics guide features numbered steps and easy-to-follow screen shots that show you exactly how to accomplish more than 150 tasks with Snow Leopard. You’ll learn to:
- Modify the look of the desktop and customize keyboard shortcuts
- Create and manage user accounts
- Save energy by adjusting power settings
- Install and use the iWork productivity suite
- Browse the Internet with Safari or Firefox
- Design and publish a blog or a Web page with iWeb
- Configure iChat for use with GoogleTalk
- Set up iTunes and export songs to your iPod
- Make movies with iMovie and burn them to DVDs
- Download photos from your camera and organize them in iPhoto
- Connect your Mac to a Windows network
- Encrypt your files, safeguard against viruses, and install a firewall
Each task is clearly presented, with step-by-step instructions and corresponding views of what you’ll see on the screen at each step. Mac OS X Snow Leopard Just The Steps For Dummies makes it easy to find what you want to do, and even easier to do it!
Part I: Using OS X.
Chapter 1: Customizing OS X.
Chapter 2: Creating and Managing User Accounts.
Chapter 3: Managing Files and Folders.
Chapter 4: Adjusting System Preferences.
Part II: Getting to Work in OS X.
Chapter 5: Utilizing OS X Applications.
Chapter 6: Using Productivity Software.
Chapter 7: Using Dashboard.
Part III: Going Online with Your Mac.
Chapter 8: Sending E-Mail and Browsing the Internet.
Chapter 9: Using MobileMe.
Chapter 10: Web Designing with iWeb.
Chapter 11: Chatting on Your Mac.
Part IV: Using Multimedia.
Chapter 12: Using iTunes, iPods, and iPhones.
Chapter 13: Working with Third-Party MP3 Players.
Chapter 14: Watching Videos and DVDs.
Chapter 15: Viewing, Organizing, and Improving Pictures.
Chapter 16: Making Movies.
Part V: Networking Your Mac.
Chapter 17: Networking Wirelessly with AirPort.
Chapter 18: Sharing Resources.
Chapter 19: Connecting to Windows PCs and Older Macs.
Chapter 20: Networking Safely.
Part VI: Extending Your Mac’s Capabilities.
Chapter 21: Connecting to Bluetooth Devices.
Chapter 22: Upgrading Your Mac.
Chapter 23: Installing and Using Windows Programs.