An Introduction to Bootstrap Methods with Applications to R
November 2011, ©2012
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- The book includes a listing of the most extensive and detailed bootstrap bibliography available on the market, including more than 2,500 references.
- Solutions to bootstrap failures are presented, such as finite populations and extreme values.
- Historical notes at the end of each chapter, as well as extensive illustrations, charts and tables and showcased throughout the book.
- Great care is given to craft smooth transitions amongst chapters and between sections.
- Examples and explanations of when and why the bootstrap is not effective are presented for learning and comparative purposes.
- Discussions of applications to a wide variety of confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, and estimation problems (including pharmaceutical, genomics, and economics) are given, oftentimes at the expense of detailed explanations and/or needless theoretical justification.
- R subroutines are illustrated throughout the presentation and redeployed on an author-maintained web site, along with helpful hints to more than 300 exercises in the book.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
An Introduction to Bootstrap Methods with Applications to R (US $110.00)
-and- The Essentials of Biostatistics for Physicians, Nurses, and Clinicians (US $77.95)
Total List Price: US $187.95
Discounted Price: US $140.96 (Save: US $46.99)