First-Generation College Students: Understanding and Improving the Experience from Recruitment to Commencement
July 2012, Jossey-Bass
About the Authors xxi
1. Who Are First-Generation Students? 1
2. Transition into College 21
3. Transition Through College 47
4. Class, Culture, Race, and Ethnicity 69
5. Transforming How We Work with First-Generation Students 85
6. A Holistic Approach to Student Success 105
Lee Ward is director of Career and Academic Planning at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia, where he founded the Student Learning Institute.
Michael J. Siegel is associate professor and director of the administration of higher education program at Suffolk University in Boston, Massachusetts. He is a former research fellow at the Policy Center on the First Year of College.
Zebulun Davenport is vice chancellor for Student Affairs at Indiana University - Purdue University, Indianapolis.
First-Generation College Students: Understanding and Improving the Experience from Recruitment to Commencement (US $40.00)
-and- Becoming a Construction Manager (US $39.95)
Total List Price: US $79.95
Discounted Price: US $59.96 (Save: US $19.99)