Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Administration with Windows PowerShell
The definitive guide to automating SQL Server admnistration with Powershell scripts
If you're a SQL Server database administrator, this book will make your life easier. Windows PowerShell is an administrative scripting tool that allows you to automate many tasks you're probably currently doing by hand. This nuts-and-bolts guide shows you how to create Windows PowerShell scripts to administer almost every aspect of SQL Server.
You'll get a thorough introduction to PowerShell basics and all the PowerShell components that have been integrated into SQL Server 2008, as well as actual administration tasks. The book provides complete scripts that have been tested and proven, saving you hours of effort.
- The new release of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 now includes Windows PowerShell, allowing administrators of large-scale enterprise databases to automate many tasks
- SQL Server 2008 Administration with Windows PowerShell introduces you to PowerShell, covering its components in detail as well as providing basic instruction in using scripts to administer the database
- The book includes numerous examples of SQL tasks that have been automated and also provides completed scripts that you can put to use immediately
- The Companion Web site includes complete code scripts
If you're a database administrator, the scripts and techniques in SQL Server 2008 Administration with Windows PowerShell will save you hours of effort.
1. What is Windows PowerShell?
2. Windows PowerShell Command Types, SnapIns, and Cmdlets.
3. Windows PowerShell Programming, Scripting, Error Handling and Debugging.
4. Windows PowerShell Functions, Parameters, Sourcing, Scopes and User Profiles.
5. Working with File System, Registry, and Variables.
6. Working with Event Logs.
7. Working with Windows Services and Processes.
8. Working with WMI.
9. WMI Provider for Configuration Management.
10. WMI Provider for Server Events.
11. Windows PowerShell in SQL Server 2008 Environment, SQL Server PowerShell Provider.
12. Managing Policies through SQLSERVER:\SQLPolicy.
13. Windows PowerShell and SMO.
14. Building SQL Server Standards and PowerShell Coding Standard.
15. Building SQL Server Inventory.
16. Database Administration and SQL Server Installation.
17. Collecting SQL Server Performance and Host Performance Data.
18. Monitoring SQL Server.
19. Monitoring Disk Space Usage, Database Files and Backups.
20. Defining Policies.
21. Generating Database Scripts.
Appendix A: cmdlets related to Core Snapins.
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Administration with Windows PowerShell (US $59.99)
Total List Price: US $109.99
Discounted Price: US $82.49 (Save: US $27.50)