Getting Even: The Truth About Workplace Revenge--And How to Stop It
January 2009, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
The core argument is that revenge is about justice. Avenging employees are not unprofessional, out-of-control employees; rather, they are victims of offenses who feel compelled to seek justice on their own. The authors address specific questions, such as:
- What kinds of offenses result in revenge?
- Why do some victims respond more aggressively to harm than others?
- What role does the organization play in how victims respond to offenses?
- What's the best advice for managers who wish to prevent their employees from seeking revenge?
- Most employees experience the desire for revenge, and are ready to settle their own scores at work when management won't enforce justice.
This book offers a model that sequences avengers' thoughts and behaviors, from the beginning of the conflict to its end. The model is grounded in scientific research and organizes disparate findings into a whole.