Make a clean transition to programming in Apple environments using the elegant and dynamic programming API Cocoa and this practical guide. Written by aseasoned Mac expert, this book shows you how to write programs in Cocoa for the rapidly expanding world of Macintosh users.
Part of the Developer Reference series, this book prepares you for a productive programming experience on today's fastest-growing platform.
- Cocoa is a programming framework for developing in Apple environments, including Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- This book covers all the major information you need to start developing dynamic applications for Mac OS X
- Master all Cocoa tools, including Xcode and working with Objective-C
- Includes full coverage of the Cocoa API, Xcode, and Objective-C, as well as programming for Apple's latest OS X, Snow Leopard
- Companion Web site includes all code files
Programming for Apple's Macintosh is a growing career field. This essential guide, one of the most comprehensive on Cocoa, will help you quickly become productive.
Part I: Getting Started.
Chapter 1: Introducing Cocoa.
Chapter 2: Think Cocoa!
Chapter 3: Introducing the Cocoa and OS X Documentation.
Chapter 4: Getting Started with Xcode.
Chapter 5: Introducing Classes and Objects in Objective-C.
Chapter 6: Getting Started With Classes and Messages in Application Design.
Chapter 7: Introducing Interface Builder.
Chapter 8: Building an Application with Interface Builder.
Part II: Going Deeper.
Chapter 9: Using Cocoa Design Patterns and Advanced Messaging.
Chapter 10: Working with Files, URLs, and Web Data.
Chapter 11: Using Timers, Threads, and Blocks.
Chapter 12: Managing Data and Memory in Cocoa.
Chapter 13: Using Preferences and Bindings.
Chapter 14: Using Core Data.
Chapter 15: Working with Text and Documents.
Part III: Expanding the Possibilities.
Chapter 16: Managing Views and Creating 2D Graphics.
Chapter 17: Creating Animations and 3D Graphics.
Chapter 18: Debugging, Optimizing, and Managing Code.
Chapter 19: Developing for the iPhone and iPad.
Part IV: Appendixes.
Appendix A: Building Dashboard Widgets.
Appendix B: Maximizing Productivity and Avoiding Errors.