Policies and Practices to Improve Student Preparation and Success: New Directions for Community Colleges, Number 145
April 2009, Jossey-Bass
- The landscape of policies and practices that support student preparation and success
- Challenge and opportunity: rethinking the role and function of developmental education in community college
- Sustaining changes that support student success in community college
- New directions for dual enrollment: creating stronger pathways from high school through college
- Ready or not?
- Making prealgebra meaningful: it starts with faculty inquiry
- Pedagogies of visibility: the full e-mersion and beyond
- State college readiness initiatives and community colleges
- Looking ahead: synthesizing what we know about national, regional, and local efforts to improve student preparation and success
This is the 145th volume of the Jossey-Bass quarterly report series New Directions for Community Colleges. Essential to the professional libraries of presidents, vice presidents, deans, and other leaders in today's open-door institutions, New Directions for Community Colleges provides expert guidance in meeting the challenges of their distinctive and expanding educational mission.