Handbook of Poultry Science and Technology, Volume 2, Secondary Processing
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
With an unparalleled level of coverage, the Handbook of Poultry Science and Technology provides an up-to-date and comprehensive reference on poultry processing. Volume 2: Secondary Processing covers processing poultry from raw meat to uncooked, cooked or semi-cooked retail products. It includes the scientific, technical, and engineering principles of poultry processing, methods and product categories, product manufacturing and attributes, and sanitation and safety.
Volume 2: Secondary Processing is divided into seven parts:
- Secondary processing of poultry products—an overview
- Methods in processing poultry products—includes emulsions and gelations; breading and battering; mechanical deboning; marination, cooking, and curing; and non-meat ingredients
- Product manufacturing—includes canned poultry meat, turkey bacon and sausage, breaded product (nuggets), paste product (pâté), poultry ham, luncheon meat, processed functional egg products, and special dietary products for the elderly, the ill, children, and infants
- Product quality and sensory attributes—includes texture and tenderness, protein and poultry meat quality, flavors, color, handling refrigerated poultry, and more
- Engineering principles, operations, and equipment—includes processing equipment, thermal processing, packaging, and more
- Contaminants, pathogens, analysis, and quality assurance—includes microbial ecology and spoilage in poultry and poultry products; campylobacter; microbiology of ready-to-eat poultry products; and chemical and microbial analysis
- Safety systems in the United States—includes U.S. sanitation requirements, HACCP, U.S. enforcement tools and mechanisms