Learning the Language of Addiction Counseling, 3rd Edition
July 2010, ©2010
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
- Expansion of the section on harm reduction theory and the section on evidence-based practices thereby making the theoretical and practical application of the information more current.
- Expansion and update of information on both broad and specific addiction assessment instruments, client placement criteria, specific suggestions on engaging clients (Stages of Change), explanation of addiction dynamics, and the impact of drug type and administration route on the addictive process.
- Inclusion of a section on DWI assessment.
- Expansion and update of information on the assessment and treatment of dual disorders as well as discussion of the types of dual disorders and inclusion of a mental status exam.
- Update on current treatment-related issues especially expanding the section on HIV/AIDS (to include infectious diseases more extensively such as Hepatitis C) and including a section on Seeking Safety, an increasingly popular form of treatment for trauma survivors.
- Update on current relapse prevention techniques, specific suggestions on retaining clients (Gorski model, Stages of Change, Motivational Interviewing).