iPhoto '09 For Dummies
There’s an easy exercise to get you started and plenty of beautiful full-color photos to show you the results you can achieve. You’ll learn your way around the interface, what’s new, and how to set preferences.
- Discover how to create a well-organized, maintainable archive so you can find photos
- Import and export photos from various sources, including card readers
- Manage any import problems
- Organize your collection using facial recognition and GPS technology
- Crop, rotate, and enhance your images
- Use a histogram and improve exposure, contrast, highlights, shadows, saturation, and more
- Set up a MobileMe gallery, send photos to Facebook or Flickr, make prints, and burn CDs
- Get tips for successfully e-mailing your pictures and for printing your photos at home
- Create photo greeting cards, calendars, or a travel book with maps that show where you took your pictures
iPhoto ’09 For Dummies even tells about cool add-ons and ideas for iPhoto. Learn to make all your photos the best they can be.
Part I: Getting Ready to Roll with iPhoto ’09.
Chapter 1: Presenting the iPhoto ’09 Interface.
Chapter 2: Putting iPhoto through Its Paces.
Chapter 3: Importing Your Images into iPhoto.
Part II: Manipulating Photo Organization.
Chapter 4: Events and Faces — Grouping Your Photos.
Chapter 5: Combining Photos into Albums.
Chapter 6: Searching for Your Photos.
Part III: Making Your Photos Look Even Better.
Chapter 7: Exploring the iPhoto Editor.
Chapter 8: Making Basic Photo Adjustments.
Chapter 9: Using the Histogram for Advanced Editing.
Chapter 10: Finalizing Advanced Editing with the Adjust Tool.
Part IV: Showing and Sharing Your Photos.
Chapter 11: Sharing Your Photos Electronically.
Chapter 12: Printing Your Photos.
Chapter 13: Showcasing Your Photos.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 14: Ten Terrifi c Web Resources and Software Add-ons for iPhoto.
Chapter 15: Ten Helpful Hints, Tips, and Shortcuts.