MacBook For Dummies, 2nd Edition
With your Mac laptop, you can take your movies, music, documents, e-mail, and Internet wherever the action is. MacBook For Dummies, 2nd Edition provides the lowdown on maintaining and upgrading your MacBook, customizing the Dock and desktop, traveling with a laptop, turning iPhoto into your portable darkroom, and much more. Learn to:
- Locate the battery compartment, iSight camera, ports, and “on” button
- Move your existing files from an older computer
- Use all the cool new features of Mac OS X Leopard
- Work with iTunes, iMovie, iPhoto, iDVD, and GarageBand, all packaged with your MacBook
- Identify the signs of a well-functioning laptop and check for trouble
- Set up your Mac for multiple users
- Explore the cool options available with a .Mac account and iDisk storage that lets you retrieve your files anywhere
- Manage your digital music, photos, and movies
- Use Bluetooth and get all your wireless devices communicating with each other
And if you’ve been considering switching from a PC to a Mac, MacBook For Dummies, 2nd Edition guides you through the process and even shows you how to run Windows on your Mac laptop. If there’s a MacBook in your future — or present — this is the book for you!
Part I: Tie Myself Down with a Desktop? Preposterous!
Chapter 1: Hey, It Really Does Have Ever y thing I Need.
Chapter 2: Turning On Your Por table Powerhouse.
Chapter 3: The Laptop Owner’s Introduction to Mac OS X.
Part II: Shaking Hands with Mac OS X.
Chapter 4: Opening and Closing and Clicking and Such.
Chapter 5: Get ting to the Hear t of the Leopard.
Chapter 6: A Nerd’s Guide to System Preferences.
Chapter 7: Sif ting through Your Stuff.
Part III: Connecting and Communicating.
Chapter 8: Taking Your Laptop on Safari!
Chapter 9: .Mac Is .Made for Mac Laptops.
Chapter 10: Spiffy Connections for the Road Warrior.
Part IV: Living the iLife.
Chapter 11: The Multimedia Joy of iTunes.
Chapter 12: That Masterpiece That Is iPhoto.
Chapter 13: Making Film History with iMovie.
Chapter 14: Creating DVDs on the Road with iDVD.
Chapter 15: GarageBand on the Go.
Part V: Sharing Access and Information.
Chapter 16: Your Laptop Goes Multiuser.
Chapter 17: Working Well with Networks.
Chapter 18: Communicating with That Bluetooth Guy.
Part V I: Necessary Evils: Troubleshooting, Upgrading, Maintaining.
Chapter 19: When Good Mac Laptops Go Bad.
Chapter 20: Adding New Stuff to Your Laptop.
Chapter 21: Tackling the Housekeeping.
Part V II: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 22: Top Ten Laptop Rules to Follow.
Chapter 23: Ten Things to Avoid Like the Plague.