QuickBooks 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
Everything that small-business owners need to manage their financial affairs with QuickBooks
Intuit's QuickBooks, updated each year, is the leading financial management software for small businesses. With eight content-rich minibooks, QuickBooks "X" All-in-One For Dummies covers everything you need to know to get your business finances in order with QuickBooks.
QuickBooks "X" All-in-One For Dummies is the complete reference for every aspect of this useful software
- QuickBooks, the leading small-business accounting software package, is updated annually; this guide covers the latest version
- Minibooks include An Accounting Primer, Getting Ready to Use QuickBooks, Bookkeeping Chores, Accounting Chores, Financial Management, Business Plans, Care and Maintenance, and Additional Business Resources
- Covers understanding double entry bookkeeping, planning and preparing a QuickBooks accounting system, and setting up a QuickBooks network
- Shows how to invoice customers, pay vendors, track inventory, and set up project and job costing systems
- Explains how to write a business plan, create a business plan forecast, and conduct a ratio analysis
QuickBooks "X" All-in-One For Dummies is an indispensible tool for small-business owners who want to manage their business finances more effectively.
Book I: An Accounting Primer.
Chapter 1: Principles of Accounting.
Chapter 2: Double-Entry Bookkeeping.
Chapter 3: Special Accounting Problems.
Book II: Getting Ready to Use QuickBooks.
Chapter 1: Setting Up QuickBooks.
Chapter 2: Loading the Master File Lists.
Chapter 3: Fine-Tuning QuickBooks.
Book III: Bookkeeping Chores.
Chapter 1: Invoicing Customers.
Chapter 2: Paying Vendors.
Chapter 3: Tracking Inventory and Items.
Chapter 4: Managing Cash and Bank Accounts.
Chapter 5: Paying Employees.
Book IV: Accounting Chores.
Chapter 1: For Accountants Only.
Chapter 2: Preparing Financial Statements and Reports.
Chapter 3: Preparing a Budget.
Chapter 4: Using Activity-Based Costing.
Chapter 5: Setting Up Project and Job Costing Systems.
Book V: Financial Management.
Chapter 1: Ratio Analysis.
Chapter 2: Economic Value Added Analysis.
Chapter 3: Capital Budgeting in a Nutshell.
Book VI: Business Plans.
Chapter 1: Profi t-Volume-Cost Analysis.
Chapter 2: Creating a Business Plan Forecast.
Chapter 3: Writing a Business Plan.
Book VII: Care and Maintenance.
Chapter 1: Administering QuickBooks.
Chapter 2: Protecting Your Data.
Chapter 3: Troubleshooting.
Book VIII: Appendixes.
Appendix A: A Crash Course in Excel.
Appendix B: Government Web Resources for Businesses.
Appendix C: Glossary of Accounting and Financial Terms.
Stephen L. Nelson, MBA, CPA, provides accounting, business advisory, tax planning, and tax preparation services to small businesses. He belongs to both the Washington Society of CPAs and the American Institute of CPAs, and he has written more than 100 books that have sold over four million copies.