Core and Metro Networks
April 2010, ©2009
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
In this book, the authors provide an overview of the status, challenges, architectures, and technological solutions for core and metropolitan networks. Furthermore, the book describes the current state of core and metropolitan telecommunication networks, as well as the drivers and motives behind the current paradigm shift in the telecommunications industry. Moreover, the authors elaborate system design guidelines for both point-to-point and multi-hop optical networks taking into consideration the analogue nature of the transmission channel.
- Provides coverage of all aspects of core and metro networks supporting future broadband services, and a detailed description of the state-of-the-art
- Presents a clear path for migrating from point-to-point to data-centric, dynamic, multi-hop optical networks
- Shows how current systems will need to evolve over the coming years, summarizing challenges and issues to be investigated in future research
- Covers a wide range of topics from network architectures, to control plane, to key optical and optoelectronic devices, and best practice in transmission and system design
- Provides results, best practices and guidelines for various technical problems, including numerous hands-on examples
- Written by authors from cutting-edge companies such as Alcatel-Lucent, Siemens, Lucent, France Telecom, BT, and Telefonica
Optical Core and Metro Networks will be of interest to researchers in industry and academia, and advanced (final year undergraduate) and postgraduate students undertaking communications, networking and optics courses.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Core and Metro Networks (US $150.00)
Total List Price: US $218.00
Discounted Price: US $163.50 (Save: US $54.50)