Investigating Digital Crime
Numerous case studies are provided throughout, with examples from the UK, other European nations and the US illustrating both the theoretical perspectives offered and the associated investigative context. Opening with an introduction to the challenges of new technology crime and background to the phenomena, the book then moves on to discuss the legislative context, for example, the interception of email and its use as evidence in court. The latter half of the book examines a range of new technology crimes, from the illegal modification of games consoles and mobile phones, through to new forms of identity theft, card crime and the use of new technology by sex offenders.
- Covers a broad range of digital crime from IPR crime through to identity theft, telecommunications and card crime
- Written by leading researchers, teachers and practitioners in the field
- Offers a theoretical understanding and explanation of new technology crime and clearly describes and analyses the investigative and legislative context
- Includes numerous global case studies throughout to illustrate the theory in practice and to appeal to an international audience
List of Contributors (Robin Bryant).
1. The Challenge of Digital Crime (Robin Bryant).
2. The Legislative Context for Digital Crime (Tracey Stevens).
3. Investigating Digital Crime (Ian Kennedy).
4. Countering Cybercrime (Denis Edgar-Nevill and Paul Stephens).
5. Encryption (Dave O'Reilly and Paul Stephens).
6. IPR and Technological Protection Measures (Paul Stephens).
7. Plastic Card Crime (Robin Bryant and Paul Stephens).
8. Telecommunications Fraud (Joe Carthy, Tahar Kechadi and Paul Gillen).
9. Identity and Identity Theft (Angus Marshall and Paul Stephens).
10. Internet Grooming and Paedophile Crimes (Denis Edgar-Nevill).
11. Digitalisation and Crime (Robin Bryant and Paul Stephens).
12. Criminological and Motivational Perspectives (Robin Bryant and Angus Marshall).
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Investigating Digital Crime (US $208.95)
-and- Statistical Modelling of Molecular Descriptors in QSAR/QSPR (US $175.95)
Total List Price: US $384.90
Discounted Price: US $288.67 (Save: US $96.23)