Principles and Practice of Clinical Virology, 6th Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Principles and Practice of Clinical Virology is the bible for all working in the field of clinical virology – from the trainee to the expert because there’s always something new to learn! As before, the book provides a detailed account of the diagnosis and treatment of virus infections, with a stronger emphasis on clinical expertise and management. Each chapter deals with a single virus or group or viruses and is written by leading international experts in the field.
What’s new in this edition …
- Showcases the wealth of new knowledge acquired on virus infections and reflects the discovery of newly recognized emerging infections, the improvement or development of new vaccines, and an increasing repertoire of antiviral agents for treatment
- All chapters have been thoroughly revised and there are a number of new contributors, joining the cadre of internationally-recognized experts
- Includes a new chapter on vaccinology covering the principles relating to the development and use of vaccines generally, which complements the specific vaccines described in the other chapters
- The two chapters on nosocomial infections have been enlarged and will be particularly useful for those having to advise on the management of hospital-acquired infections
- Emphasizes the rapid accumulation of new information in such fields as retroviruses, particularly HIV, SARS, hepatitis C and influenza, including avian influenza