Colloids and Interfaces with Surfactants and Polymers, 2nd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- Many practical examples of colloid and interface science
- An enhanced section on fluorescence microscopy, a widely used technique in biological systems for the optical imaging of cellular structures
- A new section on phenomenology (the principle of time/temperature superposition), which enables the experimentalist to extend the frequency range of their rheological instruments
- New information on sedimentation and strategies for the control of sedimentation, which is critical in many dispersions of commercial importance
- Fresh treatments of traditional theoretical topics like the electrical double-layer, colloidal interactions, wetting behavior and light scattering, as well as more recent advances in polymer science, statistical mechanics and the use of neutrons
- In-depth discussions of widely used techniques with mathematics used in a straight-forward way so quantitative descriptions of colloid and interface properties can be derived
Colloids and Interfaces with Surfactants and Polymers Second Edition explains all the fundamental concepts of colloids and interfaces as well as detailing some of the more advanced aspects which might be useful in specific applications. Intended for undergraduate and graduate courses in colloids and soft materials, the book is also relevant to those in the chemical, coatings, cosmetics, ceramics, food, pharmaceutical and oil industries.
For Powerpoint slides of all the figures in the book, please see the Instructor Companion website at http://bcs.wiley.com/he-bcs/Books?action=index&bcsId=5121&itemId=0470518804