Photoshop Elements 8 For Dummies
Richly illustrated in full color, this friendly, easy-to-understand guide provides all the essentials on the latest version of the affordable and popular image-editing program, Photoshop Elements. Get the scoop on using the latest digital imaging tools and techniques to correct color, brightness, and contrast; create postcards, slideshows, and movie files; apply artistic effects to your photos; fix flaws and even remove unwanted elements from your images; and so much more.
Use the Organizer on a Windows PC or Adobe Bridge on a Mac to sort, find, tag, and catalog your photos
Straighten crooked lines, crop for effect, or fix color, sharpness, red-eye, and contrast
Move people or objects in and out of your pictures, change the background, combine multiple images, or replace one color with another
Add effects with filters, get creative with type, or play with the drawing and painting tools
Tag your photos using People Recognition or by geographical location
Turn your photos into postcards, calendars, greeting cards, and photo books with a few simple clicks
Import images into Elements from a variety of sources
Upload and save images to Photoshop.com
Photoshop Elements 8 For Dummies shows you how to make the most of Elements awesome image editing, organization, and photo sharing tools. Whether you’re concerned about color correction and clarity or just want a cool calendar of your kids for the wall, you’ll learn how to do it with this book!
Part I: Getting Started.
Chapter 1: Getting to Know the Work Area.
Chapter 2: Getting Ready to Edit.
Chapter 3: Working with Resolutions, Color Modes, and File Formats.
Part II: Getting Organized.
Chapter 4: Getting Your Images.
Chapter 5: Viewing and Finding Your Images.
Chapter 6: Organizing and Managing Your Photos (Windows).
Part III: Selecting and Correcting Photos.
Chapter 7: Making and Modifying Selections.
Chapter 8: Working with Layers.
Chapter 9: Simple Image Makeovers.
Chapter 10: Correcting Contrast, Color, and Clarity.
Part IV: Exploring Your Inner Artist.
Chapter 11: Playing with Filters, Effects, Styles, and More.
Chapter 12: Drawing and Painting.
Chapter 13: Working with Type.
Part V: Printing, Creating, and Sharing.
Chapter 14: Getting It on Paper.
Chapter 15: Showing It Onscreen.
Chapter 16: Making Creations and Sharing.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 17: Ten Tips for Composing Better Photos.
Chapter 18: Ten More Project Ideas.
Ted Padova is an internationally recognized authority on Adobe Acrobat, PDF, and digital imaging.
Wiley brings to market Photoshop Elements 8 For Dummies to support new Adobe software. Four more books to follow. Review copies avaible for press. Contact Ashley Evens, 201.748.6702 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hoboken, NJ -- Wiley has announced its plan to publish several new titles to support Adobe’s new Photoshop Elements 8 ($99.99), including the recently released Photoshop Elements 8 For Dummies. The Dummies books is one of the first to the market and it will be followed by:
- Photoshop Elements 8 Digital Classroom (11/2009)
- Teach Yourself VISUALLY Photoshop Elements 8 (11/2009)
- Photoshop Elements 8 All-in-One For Dummies (11/2009)
- Photoshop Elements 8 After the Shoot (1/2010)
Key improvements to the software that will be covered in the new titles include:
- Organizer feature allows Windows users to easily manage media and find photos and video clips
- Auto-Analyzer automatically tags media to help users find the best quality and most interesting images quickly
- People Recognition tool identifies and tags people in photos and has becoming increasingly more accurate in associating names and faces
- Ability to sync images across multiple computers
-Dynamic, Easy Editing Capabilities
- Adobe Photomerge Exposure function lets users merge multiple shots of the same scene into a perfectly lit and detailed photo
- Recompose tool automatically resizes pictures with distorting the key parts of the original photo
- Quick Fix previews gives users a choice of color, contrast, and lighting adjustments from multiple options so they can pick the corrections that work best for their needs
- New Online Album templates offer users a way to showcase photos and videos together in an interactive format
- Access to Adobe Bridge CS4 features for Mac users
- Scene Cleaner feature eliminates unwanted elements in a photo to allow Mac users to create the perfect scene
- Smart Brush and Touch-Up tools gives Mac users the power to apply incredible effects with a single stroke and do common editing tasks more quickly
Founded in 1807, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. has been a valued source of information and understanding for 200 years, helping people around the world meet their needs and fulfill their aspirations. Since 1901, Wiley and its acquired companies have published the works of more than 350 Nobel laureates in all categories: Literature, Economics, Physiology or Medicine, Physics, Chemistry and Peace.
Our core businesses publish scientific, technical, medical and scholarly journals, encyclopedias, books, and online products and services; professional/trade books, subscription products, training materials, and online applications and websites; and educational materials for undergraduate and graduate students and lifelong learners. Wiley's global headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Canada, and Australia. The Company's Web site can be accessed at http://www.wiley.com. The Company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbols JWa and JWb.