The Architecture of Computer Hardware and System Software: An Information Technology Approach, 4th Edition
April 2009, ©2009
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
- Provides students with an understanding of underlying, non-changing basics of computers so that they can make knowledgeable decisions about systems.
- Carefully and patiently introduces students to new technological concepts, so that they are not overwhelmed by challenging materials, but instead build a deep understanding of what makes computer systems tick.
- Examples cover a broad spectrum of hardware and software systems, from personal computer to mainframe.
- The author's "light touch" includes a breezy, readable writing style and subject-specific cartoons that introduce each chapter's material.
- As in the prior edition, discussions of hardware and system software are integrated into a single volume where symbioses between them are explored. Examples include: Virtual storage, Javabytes, distributed processing, and Virtual machines.
- Designed to serve as a reference book for the remainder of the student's career.