Mastering Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
The one book you absolutely need to get up and running with Windows Server 2008 R2.
One of the world's leading Windows authorities and top-selling author Mark Minasi explores every nook and cranny of the latest version of Microsoft's flagship network operating system, Windows Server 2008 R2, giving you the most in-depth coverage in any book on the market.
- Focuses on Windows Windows Server 2008 R2, the newest version of Microsoft's Windows' server line of operating system, and the ideal server for new Windows 7 clients
- Author Mark Minasi is one of the world's leading Windows authorities and has taught tens of thousands of people to design and run Windows networks
- Covers Windows storage concepts and skills, Windows Server 2008 IP, WINS, NetBIOS, LMHosts, DNS, creating the simple Active Directory, and creating and managing user accounts
- Explains Group Policy in Active Directory; files, folders and shares; Sysvol, old and new; sharing printers on the network; remote server administration; connecting Windows clients to your network; working the Web with IIS 7.0; and AD maintenance and recovery
- Provides workarounds for things that don't quite work as they should and how-tos for many undocumented features
Find out everything you want to know-and then some!
Chapter 1:What’s New in Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2.
Chapter 2:Installing and Upgrading to Windows Server 2008 R2.
Chapter 3:The New Server: Introduction to Server Core.
Chapter 4:Windows Server 2008 IPv4: What Has Changed?
Chapter 5:DNS and Naming in Server 2008 and Active Directory.
Chapter 6:Creating the Simple AD: The One-Domain, One-Location AD.
Chapter 7:Creating and Managing User Accounts.
Chapter 8:Group Policy: AD’s Gauntlet.
Chapter 9:Active Directory Delegation.
Chapter 10:Files, Folders, and Shares.
Chapter 11:Creating and Managing Shared Folders.
Chapter 12:SYSVOL: Old and New.
Chapter 13:Sharing Printers on Windows Server 2008 R2 Networks.
Chapter 14:Remote Server Administration.
Chapter 15:Connecting Windows Clients to the Server.
Chapter 16:Working the Web with IIS 7.0 and 7.5.
Chapter 17:Watching Your System.
Chapter 18:Windows Server 2008 R2 and Active Directory Backup and Maintenance.
Chapter 19:Advanced IP: Routing with Windows.
Chapter 20:Getting from the Office to the Road: VPNs.
Chapter 21:Adding More Locations: Sites in Active Directory.
Chapter 22:The Third DC: Understanding Read-Only Domain Controllers.
Chapter 23:Creating Larger Active Directory Environments: Beyond One Domain.
Chapter 24:Migrating, Merging, and Modifying Your Active Directory.
Chapter 25:Installing, Using, and Administering Remote Desktop Services.
Chapter 26:Connecting Mac OS X Clients.
Chapter 27:Patch Management.
Chapter 28:File Shares Made Even Better: Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
Chapter 29:Server Virtualization with Hyper-V.
Chapter 30:Advanced User Account Management and User Support.
Appendix:The Bottom Line.
Do you think you've discovered an error in this book? Please check the list of errata below to see if we've already addressed the error. If not, please submit the error via our Errata Form. We will attempt to verify your error; if you're right, we will post a correction below.
Renowned Sybex Author, Mark Minasi discusses Windows Server 2008 R2, the newest version of Microsoft's Windows' server line of operating system.
Mastering Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (US $59.99)
-and- Microsoft Windows 7 Administration Instant Reference (US $29.99)
Total List Price: US $89.98
Discounted Price: US $67.48 (Save: US $22.50)