This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
This is one of the first, if not the first comprehensive guide to the CentOS Linux operating system. Linux guru Tim Bornocyzyk, thoroughly covers the topic whether you're a Linux novice or a regular who now wants to master this increasingly popular distribution.
First find out how to install and configure CentOS. From there, you'll cover a wealth of Linux and CentOS tools, functions, and techniques, including: how to work in the GNOME and KDE desktop environments; how to use the Linux shell, file system, and text editor; how to configure CUPS printers, Samba for file and printer sharing and other features using GUI tools; and more.
- CentOS (Community ENTerprise Operating System) is a Linux operating system maintained by a small team of core developers based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Lead author Christopher Negus is the bestselling Linux author of such books as Fedora 10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Bible and Linux 2009 Edition Bible; he is also a member of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux training team
- Tech edited by key member of the CentOS development team, Ralph Angenendt, and foreword written by lead CentOS developer, Karanbir Singh.
- Learn how to set up users, automate system tasks, back up and restore files, and prepare for the latest security issues and threats; also learn how to use and customize the desktop menus, icons, window manager, and xterm; and how to create and publish formatted documents
- Explores available Linux multimedia applications for graphics, audio, video and CD burning
- The DVD includes complete copy of the most current CentOS Distribution – CentOS 5.3
For getting the most out of CentOS Linux, this is the book you need to succeed.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.