Nikon D5000 For Dummies
Full-color guide to everything you need to get the most out of your Nikon D5000!
The Nikon D5000 packs a lot of punch into a camera that beginners will love, and now you can pack an equal amount of punch into the digital photographs you take with your new Nikon. Whether you want to understand the D5000's new exposure settings or learn photography basics such as aperture, shutter speed, and downloading photos, this book delivers.
- Walks you through the new Nikon D5000's features, including a 12.3 megapixel sensor, 19 auto-exposure modes, and a swivel viewfinder
- Shows beginners who may be new to DSLR cameras how to take good digital photographs-from using the right settings for things like sunsets, candelight, or portraits-to downloading to your computer and printing
- Demonstrates beginning to advanced techniques with over 200 full-color photos, giving you plenty of great ideas of what you can accomplish
- Offers practical tips and ideas from two expert digital photographers and authors
Don't be intimidated by your new digital camera! This friendly For Dummies guide will get you up and running in no time.
Part I: Fast Track to Super Snaps.
Chapter 1: Getting the Lay of the Land.
Chapter 2: Taking Great Pictures, Automatically.
Chapter 3: Controlling Picture Quality and Size.
Chapter 4: Monitor Matters: Picture Playback and Live View Shooting.
Part II: Taking Creative Control.
Chapter 5: Getting Creative with Exposure and Lighting.
Chapter 6: Manipulating Focus and Color.
Chapter 7: Putting It All Together.
Part III: Working with Picture Files.
Chapter 8: Downloading, Organizing, and Archiving Your Picture Files.
Chapter 9: Printing and Sharing Your Pictures.
Part IV: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 10: Ten (Or So) Fun and Practical Retouch Menu Features.
Chapter 11: Ten Special-Purpose Features to Explore on a Rainy Day.
For Dummies and author/instructor Julie Adair King has created two new books about DSLR photography unlike any other on the market. While other books target experienced photographers and pros, these new For Dummies® books target novice users who are interested in their new technology but might be intimidated by all the features.
“These books are the result of meeting so many people who gave up trying to learn from traditional photography books and magazines, which tend to feature technical lingo and advanced topics that are tough for beginners to decipher. As a result, they didn’t have the knowledge they needed to achieve the professional results they envisioned when they invested in their cameras. These books, by contrast, explain all the features of the latest entry level DSLR cameras, as well as how handle common tasks like getting images onto a PC and printing, in simple, straighforward language.
The Full-Color For Dummies books are being released in Juyly 2009, and cover the Canon EOS Rebel T1i/500D, the Nikon D5000.
The assumption is that the reader has little to no knowledge of general photography terms or techniques. The goal of each book is to familiarize the reader with the controls and features of their camera so they can apply them to any shooting situation. Chapters cover:
• Shooting in auto-mode
• Adjusting image quality and size
• Reviewing images
• Controlling exposure
• Using focus features
• Managing color
• Printing and sharing
• Exploring the on-board controls
• Using live view and playback modes
• Dialing in exposure and lighting controls
• Manipulating focus and color controls
• Situational shooting and video recording
• Getting pics onto a PC for editing
• Printing, posting online, and other ways to share images
• Part of Tens including ten editing tricks and pro functions
With near universal name recognition, more than 150 million books in print, and over 900+ topics, For Dummies is the world’s bestselling reference series. With loyal customers around the globe, For Dummies enriches people’s lives by making knowledge accessible in a fun and easy way. Described by the N.Y. Times as “more than a publishing phenomenon, but a sign of the times,” For Dummies span every section of the bookstore, covering everything from health to history, music to math, sports to self-help, technology to travel, and more. The Dummies brand has expanded into new products and categories with an extensive licensed product line, including fitness and hobby DVDs, grilling kits, business software, cleaning products, automotive kits, craft kits, and apparel. For more information, visit Dummies.com. For Dummies is a branded imprint of Wiley.