Teach Like a Champion: 49 Techniques that Put Students on the Path to College (K-12)
Buy this book from:
Teach Like a Champion offers effective teaching techniques to help teachers, especially those in their first few years, become champions in the classroom. These powerful techniques are concrete, specific, and are easy to put into action the very next day. Training activities at the end of each chapter help the reader further their understanding through reflection and application of the ideas to their own practice.
Among the techniques:
- Technique #1: No Opt Out. How to move students from the blank stare or stubborn shrug to giving the right answer every time.
- Technique #35: Do It Again. When students fail to successfully complete a basic task—from entering the classroom quietly to passing papers around—doing it again, doing it right, and doing it perfectly, results in the best consequences.
- Technique #38: No Warnings. If you're angry with your students, it usually means you should be angry with yourself. This technique shows how to effectively address misbehaviors in your classroom.
The book includes a DVD of 25 video clips of teachers demonstrating the techniques in the classroom.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Watch the following clips from the Teach Like a Champion DVD and to learn more about Doug Lemov's ongoing work, visit his new blog, Teachlikeachampion.com!
1. Overview video of Teach Like a Champion:
2. Doug Lemov and the 100% Technique:
3. Mr. Rector's classroom: