Building a Web Site For Dummies, 4th Edition
An effective Web site is the key to success for every venture from class reunions to major corporations. And since Web technology changes rapidly, Building a Web Site For Dummies, 4th Edition is fully updated for the cutting-edge tools and trends.
If you need to build and maintain a Web site, even if your experience is severely limited, this book makes it easy and fun. You'll learn to plan, design, create, launch, and maintain your site using the most up-to-date tools.
- A quality Web presence is essential in today's marketplace, and many individuals charged with creating one are unaware of the challenges
- This guide gives novice Web designers the tools and know-how to plan, design, and build effective Web sites
- Provides a nuts-and-bolts guide to site-building, including coverage of HTML, WYSIWYG construction software, CSS, and navigation plans
- Shows how to spruce up your site with topnotch graphics, video, and great content
- Guides you through getting your site online, promoting it, and even making money from it
Building a Web Site For Dummies, 4th Edition is the tool every first-time Web designer needs to build a professional-looking site.
Part I: Building Your First Web Site 7
Chapter 1: Planning for Good Site Design 9
Chapter 2: Creating a Web Page with Basic HTML Tags 17
Chapter 3: Arranging Your Text with Tables and Other Advanced Tags 31
Chapter 4: Working with WYSIWYG 47
Chapter 5: Letting the World In: Choosing a Host and Domain Name 59
Part II: Building Better Web Pages 71
Chapter 6: Using Cascading Style Sheets 73
Chapter 7: Adding Images 95
Chapter 8: Adding Forms 117
Part III: Adding Frills and Fancy Stuff 145
Chapter 10: Adding Image-Based Buttons and Image Maps 169
Chapter 11: Web Sights and Sounds 183
Chapter 12: Adding a Blog 199
Part IV: Making Money 211
Chapter 13: Attracting an Audience: Publicizing Your Site 213
Chapter 14: Designing for Internet Commerce 231
Chapter 15: Checking Out Online Payment Methods 253
Part V: The Part of Tens 273
Chapter 16: Ten Great Web Sites to Get Advice 275
Chapter 17: Ten Fabulous Tools for E-Commerce 285
Chapter 18: Ten More Great Add-Ins 297
David A. Crowder is a professor in the School of Languages at the University of Antioquia in Colombia. He has authored or coauthored more than 25 books, including Google Earth For Dummies and previous editions of Building a Web Site For Dummies.