How to Hire A-Players: Finding the Top People for Your Team- Even If You Don't Have a Recruiting Department
How to find great employees, make great hires, and take your business to the next level
It is always easy to find people who want a job, but it's never easy to find and hire A-players. In How to Hire A-Players, consultant Eric Herrenkohl shows owners, executives, and managers of small and medium-size businesses where and how to find A-player employees. It is these individuals who will help keep quality high and growth and profits strong.
Herrenkohl explains how to use your existing marketing, sales, and networking efforts to find top candidates. He provides current examples of companies that consistently hire A-players without big recruiting departments as well as step-by-step explanations for making these strategies work in your own company.
- Shows you how to find and hire top employees.
- Ideal for owners of small businesses, executives and managers of large businesses, as well as corporate recruiters and HR specialists who need new ideas
- Herrenkohl's client list includes privately held businesses in over 50 industries as well as big corporate names like Bank of America, Edward Jones, and Northwestern Mutual Life
A-player employees are the life blood of any growing business. This handy hiring guide shows you where to look, what to ask, and who to hire to boost your business today
ABOUT THE AUTHOR.
INTRODUCTION: WHERE DO I FIND GREAT PEOPLE?
CHAPTER 1 The Value of A-Players.
CHAPTER 2 Would You Know an A-Player if You Met One? Defining Your A-Player Profile.
CHAPTER 3 Three Steps to Creating an A-Player Team.
CHAPTER 4 Right Under Your Nose: Leveraging People You Already Know.
CHAPTER 5 Don't Just Sit There. Reach Out!
CHAPTER 6 Finding New Pools of A-Player Talent.
CHAPTER 7 The Basics of On-Line Recruiting.
CHAPTER 8 Using Recruiters Wisely.
CHAPTER 9 Interviewing and the Economic Value of Good Looks.
CHAPTER 10 “Popping the Hood” on Candidates Using Assessment Tools.
Eric HerrenkohL, President of Herrenkohl Consulting, is passionate about helping executives create the businesses they want by building the organizations they need. Eric is an expert author for Monster.com and has been featured by Fox News, the Philadelphia Inquirer, Inc.com, and MSNBC.com. His monthly e-letter Performance Principles brings strategies for building businesses to readers around the globe.
For more information, visit www.herrenkohlconsulting.com
Now more than ever, it is vital that executives make smart hiring decisions. Lost time, wasted money, and squandered opportunities all stem from sub-par hiring decisions. To be a great business leader, you must be a great recruiter. In the end, you will be judged by the ability of your people to produce "A-Player" results.
How to Hire A-Players explains that recruiting is just marketing and sales in different garb. To improve your recruiting results, you simply refocus these marketing & sales abilities on the labor market. You have to know how and where to prospect for high-quality employees. Your current marketing, sales, and networking efforts provide terrific recruiting opportunities.
Eric's insights include:
- Would You Know An A-Player If You Met One? Define Your A-Player Profile.
- Don't Fill Positions. Build A Great Team.
- Would You Want To Work With This Person? How to Generate Worthwhile Employee Referrals.
- How to Use Recruiters (Wisely)
- What's In It For Me? How To Advertise For A-Players
- Never Underestimate The Economic Value of Good Looks & How to Identify Candidates Who Perform Well Rather Than Just Look Good.
- Pop the Hood, Don't Kick the Tires. How to Use Personnel Assessments in the Interview Process
- It's Not The A-Players You Hire ...
How to Hire A-Players: Finding the Top People for Your Team- Even If You Don't Have a Recruiting Department (US $25.95)
Total List Price: US $52.95
Discounted Price: US $38.17 (Save: US $14.78)