Web Sites Do-It-Yourself For Dummies, 2nd Edition
A step-by-step guide to creating your first Web site
Everybody's building cool web sites, but how? Web Sites Do-It-Yourself For Dummies, 2nd Edition, shows you how, with simple, step-by-step instruction that will build your confidence as you build your site.
You'll learn to plan your site and secure a domain name, how to use Dreamweaver for site construction, and how to test and publish your site. You'll also learn about designing a blog, creating a podcast, adding Flash, and even how to make money with your Web site. Dummies makes it easy and fun!
- Perfect for those who've never attempted a Web site before, including small-business owners, the family historian, amateur genealogists, and travel buffs
- Explains using Web site creation tools including Dreamweaver, Photoshop Elements, Flash, and WordPress
- Shows how Web pages work, how to plan and design your site, and what to look for in Web hosting services
- Covers editing and creating Web graphics and text, how to customize a site for different purposes, testing, and publishing your site
- Provides information on blogs, podcasts, adding Flash, and making money from your site
Web Sites Do-It-Yourself For Dummies, 2nd Edition shows you how to create a Web site you'll be proud of.
Part I: Laying the Groundwork 5
Chapter 1: Exploring the Best Ways to Create Web Sites 7
Chapter 2: Planning Makes Web Design Easier 21
Chapter 3: Securing a Domain Name and Web Host 35
Chapter 4: Understanding Web Design 47
Part II: Putting the Pages Together 67
Chapter 5: Editing and Creating Web Graphics 69
Chapter 6: Getting Started with Dreamweaver 95
Chapter 7: Creating a Profi le or Portfolio Site 129
Chapter 8: Creating a Business Web Site 155
Chapter 9: Creating a Family, Vacation, or Hobby Site 179
Chapter 10: Testing and Publishing a Web Site 197
Part III: Going Web 2.0 221
Chapter 11: Designing a Blog 223
Chapter 12: Podcasting Your Own Show 243
Chapter 13: Multimedia: Adding Flash, Audio, and Video 257
Chapter 14: Making Money with Your Site 275
Part IV: The Part of Tens 295
Chapter 15: Ten Cool Services for Your Site 297
Chapter 16: Ten Ways to Promote Your Site 303
Janine Warner is a best-selling author whose books and videos on Web design have won her an international following and earned her speaking and consulting engagements around the world. She runs a Web design and consulting firm and offers tutorials, books, and training videos at www.DigitalFamily.com.