The Little Book of Big Dividends: A Safe Formula for Guaranteed Returns
Everyone needs to invest, but where do you invest during bear markets?
The massive stock declines over the past year have eroded savings, but this doesn't mean you should stuff your money under a mattress. It needs to be put to work getting some return so that it will grow.
Smart investors will turn to high dividend paying stocks to get a stable and growing stream of income. Dividend investing-that provides an income beyond any gain in the share price-may be the investor's best weapon. Dividends are safe, largely reliable, and maybe at the their cheapest levels in many years. While the best paying dividend stocks of recent years, such as financials, took a huge beating in 2008, opportunities will abound in 2010 and beyond-if you know where to look.
In The Little Book of Big Dividends, dividend stock expert Chuck Carlson presents an action plan for dividend-hungry investors. You'll learn about the pitfalls, how to find the opportunities, and will learn how to construct a portfolio that generates big, safe dividends easily through the BSD (Big, Safe Dividends) formula. If you're a bit adventurous, Carlson has you covered, and will teach you how to find big, safe dividends in foreign stocks, preferred stocks, ETFs, real estate investment trusts, and more.
- Contains the simple tools, strategies, and recommendations for finding big, safe dividends
- Helps you put a complete portfolio together that pays dividends every month
- Show you the top dividend paying stocks with their dividend payment dates
It doesn't get any easier than this, and in these turbulent times, you can't afford to ignore the power of dividends. Read The Little Book of Big Dividends and gain a better perspective of how you can protect yourself for the future.
Chapter One The Check Is in the Mail.
Chapter Two Super Size Me, without the Heartburn.
Chapter Three If Einstein Was a Dividend Investor.
Chapter Four The World Is Your Oyster.
Chapter Five It Pays to Be Direct.
Chapter Six Postcards from the Hedge.
Chapter Seven Lifeguard on Duty.
Chapter Eight Juice Your Portfolio without Striking Out.
Chapter Nine When DRIPs Become Floods.
Chapter Ten If You Build It, Dividends Will Come.
Appendix A Advanced BSD Formula.
Appendix B The Ultimate Big, Safe Dividend Portfolio.
"This is a book aimed at serious investors who want to shore up
their portfolios with a time-tested stock asset. Carlso is a clear
writer [and] makes his case very well for the power of
“Provides excellent analysis. . . should be an important component of a private wealth adviser’s discussion with clients about sources of long-term investment return and the critical importance of reinvestment in building wealth. Carlson addresses portfolio diversification and risk management in an accessible way. Readers will appreciate the manner in which he ‘names names’ to paint a clear picture of how excess returns can be achieved through a simple and time-tested investment formula. He also underscores the need to supplement selection formulas with fundamental research in order to make optimal investment decisions.” (Financial Analysts Journal)
THE LITTLE BOOK of BIG DIVIDENDS
A Safe Formula for Guaranteed Returns
Charles B. Carlson, CFA
Editor, DRIP Investor
CEO, Horizon Investment Services
Foreword by Terry Savage
Financial Columnist for the Chicago Sun-Times and
Author of The Savage Number
“There are dividend-paying stocks in today’s market that will make you rich,” says Charles B. Carlson, bestselling author of THE LITTLE BOOK of BIG DIVIDENDS: A Safe Formula for Guaranteed Returns (Wiley; February 2010; $19.95; Hardcover). Dividend-paying stocks are as attractive today as they have been in nearly three decades. Just like the beginning of the bull market that began in 1982, today is an excellent time to be a dividend investor. Dividend stocks at bargain basement prices and with high yields are ripe for the picking in today’s market.
If you want the recipe for getting rich in the stock market, says Carlson, here it is: Find stocks with above-average appreciation potential, safe and growing dividends, and buy them at attractive prices. THE LITTLE BOOK of BIG DIVIDENDS shows you how to do just that.
THE LITTLE BOOK of BIG DIVIDENDS is a blueprint for successful dividend investing. Among the many topics Carlson addresses are:
- The Basics of Dividend Investing. What a dividend is (and isn’t); why, how, and when companies pay dividends; and why some companies pay big dividends while others pay no dividends at all.
- The Formula for Dividend-Investing Success. Let Carlson introduce you to Big, Safe Dividends Formula, a formula that not only has an excellent track record of spotlighting attractive dividend-paying stocks but also highlights those factors most critical to the safety and growth potential of a company’s dividend.
- How to Invest Even on a Limited Budget. THE LITTLE BOOK of BIG DIVIDENDS will show you the most cost-effective ways for any investor—even those with limited pocketbooks -- to buy these stocks. You’ll learn how to buy stocks without a broker with an initial investment of $250 or less!
- How to Create a Steady Cash Flow for Retirement. Americans are getting older. With age comes an increased demand for cash flow. Carlson will show you how to organize stocks so that you will be paid big, safe dividends every month of the year. If you can sync an iPod, you can sync your investments with your cash needs.
- Dividend Investment Plans. In order to take advantage of market declines to buy low, you need a strategy that takes emotions out of the decision-making process. Carlson’s dividend reinvestment strategy will show you how to turn a little money into a golden nest-egg over time.
- The Only Dividend Portfolio You May Ever Need. THE LITTLE BOOK of BIG DIVIDENDS has a model portfolio that features attractive U.S. and international stocks and funds with big, safe dividends so you can start investing with minimal amounts of money.
Finding dividend-paying stocks that will make your rich may not be as easy as shooting fish in a barrel. It isn’t August 1982, and the Dow Jones Industrial Average isn’t at 831 (thank goodness!) but the big opportunities are out there. Reading THE LITTLE BOOK of BIG DIVIDENDS will up your chances dramatically of finding them and achieving financial security and prosperity in today’s tough economic climate. Further information can be found at www.bigsafedividends.com
About the Author
CHARLES B. CARLSON, CFA, is CEO of Horizon Investment Services LLC, an investment advisory and money-management company. He is also CEO of Horizon Publishing, a publisher of investment newsletters. Horizon's flagship publication, Dow Theory Forecasts, has been published weekly since 1946 and is one of the oldest investment newsletters in the country. Carlson is a bestselling author and is regularly quoted in the Wall Street Journal, Barron's, and Money magazine, and is a frequent guest on CNBC, Bloomberg TV and radio, and CNN.
THE LITTLE BOOK of BIG DIVIDENDS
A Safe Formula for Guaranteed Returns
By Charles B. Carlson, CFA
Wiley; February 2010; $19.95; Hardcover
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Little Book of Big Dividends: A Safe Formula for Guaranteed Returns (US $24.95)
Total List Price: US $41.90
Discounted Price: US $31.42 (Save: US $10.48)