Evidence-Based Treatment Planning for Bipolar Disorder Facilitator's Guide
Designed to be used in conjunction with the DVD and its Companion Workbook, this guide includes:
- Summary highlights of content shown in the DVD
- Chapter review questions and answers summarizing key concepts
- Test questions and answers on selected chapter concepts
- Optional topics for further discussion, with talking points
- Scripts and critiques of the role-played scenarios demonstrating selected aspects of the ESTs
- References to empirical support, clinical resources, and training opportunities for the treatments discussed
- Online links to client homework exercises consistent with the therapeutic techniques described and demonstrated
Chapter 1 What Is Bipolar Disorder? 1
Chapter 2 What Are the Six Steps in Building a Treatment Plan? 7
Chapter 3 What Is the Brief History of the Empirically Supported Treatments Movement? 9
Chapter 4 What Are the Identifi ed Empirically Supported Treatments for Bipolar Disorder? 14
Chapter 5 How Do You Integrate Empirically Supported Treatments Into Treatment Planning? 23
Closing Remarks and Resources 50
Appendix A A Sample Evidence-Based Treatment Plan for Bipolar Disorder 52
Appendix B Chapter Review Test Questions and Answers Explained 55
Timothy J. Bruce, PHD, is Professor and Associate Chair of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine at the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Peoria, Illinois, where he also directs medical student education and serves as associate director of the psychiatry residency training program. Highly recognized as a clinician-educator, Dr. Bruce has received nearly thirty awards for teaching over his career.
Arthur E. Jongsma, Jr., PHD, is the Series Editor for the bestselling PracticePlanners®. Since 1971, he has provided professional mental health services to both inpatient and outpatient clients. He was the founder and director of Psychological Consultants, a group private practice in Grand Rapids, Michigan, for twenty-five years. He is the author or coauthor of over forty books and conducts training workshops for mental health professionals around the world.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Evidence-Based Treatment Planning for Bipolar Disorder Facilitator's Guide (US $32.00)
-and- Evidence-Based Treatment Planning for Substance Abuse Workbook (US $32.00)
Total List Price: US $64.00
Discounted Price: US $48.00 (Save: US $16.00)