Foodservice Manual for Health Care Institutions, 4th Edition
November 2012, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
The thoroughly revised and updated fourth edition of Foodservice Manual for Health Care Institutions offers a review of the management and operation of health care foodservice departments. This edition of the bookwhich has become the standard in the field of institutional and health care foodservicecontains the most current data on the successful management of daily operations and includes information on a wide range of topics such as leadership, quality control, human resource management, product selection and purchasing, environmental issues, and financial management.
This new edition also contains information on the practical operation of the foodservice department that has been greatly expanded and updated to help institutions better meet the needs of the customer and comply with the regulatory agencies' standards.
Topics covered include:
- Leadership and Management Skills
- Marketing and Revenue-Generating Services
- Quality Management and Improvement
- Planning and Decision Making
- Organization and Time Management
- Team Building
- Effective Communication
- Human Resource Management
- Management Information Systems
- Financial Management
- Environmental Issues and Sustainability
- Microbial, Chemical, and Physical Hazards
- HACCP, Food Regulations, Environmental Sanitation, and Pest Control
- Safety, Security, and Emergency Preparedness
- Menu Planning
- Product Selection
- Receiving, Storage, and Inventory Control
- Food Production
- Food Distribution and Service
- Facility Design
- Equipment Selection and Maintenance
Learning objectives, summary, key terms, and discussion questions included in each chapter help reinforce important topics and concepts. Forms, charts, checklists, formulas, policies, techniques, and references provide invaluable resources for operating in the ever-changing and challenging environment of the foodservice industry.