J.K. Lasser's New Tax Law Simplified 2010: Tax Relief from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, and More
Straightforward explanations of the new tax laws
Things have changed radically in the world of housing, education, employment, and other areas where a firm understanding taxes can benefit you financially. While these changes can, and will, have a dramatic effect on taxpayers, all is not lost. J.K. Lasser provides the tips and tools needed to gain a better grip of what is going on and help you save money on your 2009 return as well as plan ahead for future tax savings.
Written by the recognized authority in taxes, J.K. Lasser's New Tax Law Simplified 2010 transforms the complex new tax laws into simple English that any taxpayer can understand. Filled with up-to-the-minute facts and figures, this book makes it easier for you to learn about-and profit from-the laws that govern your taxes.
- Outlines various tax relief strategies
- Filled with numerous examples and tables
- Helps you understand and utilize the new tax programs and regulations that have been passed
While you may be concerned with the current state of the economic and financial world, this can be a time of great opportunity-if you take advantage of the guidance found in J.K. Lasser's New Tax Laws Simplified 2010.
1. New Rules for Income and Exclusions.
2. Changes in Figuring Your Adjusted Gross Income.
3. New Breaks for the Standard Deduction and Itemized Deductions.
4. New Ways to Trim Your Tax Computation.
5. New Credits to Cut Taxes.
6. Money-Saving Breaks for Other Taxes.
7. Tax-Saving Changes for Small Businesses.
8. Planning Opportunities for Estate, Gift, and Generation-Skipping Transfer Taxes.
Appendix A Expiring Laws.
Appendix B 2010 Inflation Adjustments.
Appendix C Other Forms and Worksheets.