Viral Churches: Helping Church Planters Become Movement Makers
March 2010, Jossey-Bass
A groundbreaking guide for multiplying the impact of church plants
Based on a study that was commissioned by the Leadership Network, this book reveals the best practices in church planting and uncovers the common threads among them. A much-needed resource, this book will inform, guide, and even catalyze today's many church planting leaders. The authors clearly show leaders how to plant churches that create a multiplication movement and offer inspiration for them to do so. The book addresses their questions about what to do next in their church planting strategies, in light of research on what's actually working best.
- Author Ed Stetzer heads up LifeWay Research
- Provides reliable, credible information about what church planting strategies work best
- A volume in the Leadership Network Series
Offers a definitive guide for church planting and the burgeoning movement it is part of.
2. Church Planting: The New Evangelism.
3. Growth by Addition: Big Contrast to Multiplication.
4. New Players: Aggressive Local Churches and Church Planting Networks.
5. Kingdom Cooperation: Church Planters Learning Together.
6. Predictors of Success: Recruitment, Assessment, and Deployment.
7. Thriving: New Church Survival Rates.
8. House Churches: Separating Reality from Fiction.
9. Multisite Strategy: A Fast-Growing Trend That Affects Planting.
10. Rapid Growth: Still Not Reproduction.
11. Funding: Partnerships Matter.
12. The New Scorecard: Measuring a Church Multiplication Movement.
13. Obstacles to Missional Replication: What Holds Us Back.
14. Conclusion: Solving the Toughest Challenges.
Appendix: List of Churches and Networks Cited.
Annotated Bibliography for Church Multiplication.
Ed Stetzer, Ph.D., is president of LifeWay Research, visiting professor of research and missiology at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, visiting research professor at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, a contributing editor for Christianity Today, and a columnist for Outreach Magazine and Catalyst Monthly. He has been a church planter and has trained pastors and church planters on five continents. His books include Planting Missional Churches.
Warren Bird, Ph.D., directs the research division at Leadership Network, teaches atAlliance Theological Seminary, and regularly contributes to several magazines. An ordained minister, he has been involved in five church plants. Bird has coauthored twenty-one books including Starting a New Church.
Visit the Leadership Network Website, www.leadnet.org, for more innovative resources and information.