Best Practices in Organizational Development and Change
August 2001, Pfeiffer
Learn from experts at the world's top organizations!
Best Practices in Organization Development and Change is a state-of-the-art resource that presents the most important ideas and effective strategies from experts and top companies in the field. Comprehensive in scope, the book addresses the five most important organization development or human resource development (OD/HRD) topics--organization development and change, leadership development, recruitment and retention, performance management, and coaching and mentoring--and offers a practical framework for design, implementation, and evaluation. It includes best-practice case studies from seventeen leading organizations that have achieved their change objectives. The case studies will help you:
- Analyze the need for the specific OD/HRD initiative
- Build a solid business case for OD/HRD
- Identify the audience for the initiative
- Design an effective OD/HRD initiative
- Implement a successful design of the initiative
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the initiative
You'll benefit from expertise at trend-setting companies such as:
- Kraft Foods
- Smithkline Beecham
- Sun Microsystems . . . and many more!
"An extremely important volume with useful contextual perspectives plus vivid and important case studies of companies that know what they're doing to lead change."
--Warren Bennis, author, On Becoming a Leader and Organizing Genius