Ubuntu Linux Bible: Featuring Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, 3rd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
The best resource on the very latest for Ubuntu users!
Ubuntu is a free, open-source, Linux-based operating system that can run on desktops, laptops, netbooks, and servers. If you've joined the millions of users around the world who prefer open-source OS-and Ubuntu in particular-this book is perfect for you. It brings you the very latest on Ubuntu 10.04, with pages of step-by-step instruction, helpful tips, and expert techniques.
- The Ubuntu Linux Project
- Installing Ubuntu
- Installing Ubuntu on Special-Purpose Systems
- Basic Linux System Concepts
- Using the GNOME Desktop
- Using the Compiz Window Manager
- Managing E-Mail and Personal Information with Evolution
- Surfing the Web with Firefox
- Migrating from Windows Systems
- Sending and Receiving Instant Messages
- Using Command-Line Tools
- Working with Text Files
- Creating and Publishing Documents
- Other Office Software: Spreadsheets and Presentations
- Working with Graphics
- Working with Multimedia
- Consumer Electronics and Ubuntu
- Adding, Removing, and Updating Software
- Adding Hardware and Attaching Peripherals
- Network Configuration and Security
- Going Wireless
- Software Development on Ubuntu
- Using Virtual Machines and Emulators
- Connecting to Other Systems
- File Transfer and Sharing
- Managing Users, Groups, and Authentication
- Backing Up and Restoring Files
- Setting Up a Web Server
- Setting Up a Mail Server
- Setting Up a DHCP Server
- Setting Up a DNS Server
- Setting Up a Print Server
- Setting Up an NFS Server
- Up a Samba Server
Updating your Ubuntu? Ubuntu Linux Bible, Third Edition, is the book you need to succeed!
Note: CD-ROM is not included as part of eBook file.