Polymer Nanotube Nanocomposites: Synthesis, Properties, and Applications
Research on polymer nanotube composites is a relatively new field, and a lot of development is required to achieve a very large-scale commercial application. Although a number of developments have taken place in terms of the dispersion of nanotubes in the polymer matrices and corresponding improvements in the various physical properties of the composites, a meaningful text on the subject, which can assimilate these advancements in one place to provide an overall potential of the technology, is missing.
This edited volume brings together contributions from a variety of senior scientists in the field of polymer nanotube composites technology to shed light on the recent advances in these commercially important areas of polymer technology. The book provides the following features:
- A summary of recent advances in nanotube composite synthesis technology
- A basic introduction to polymer nanotube nanocomposite technology for readers who are new to the field
- Valuable insights for the use of technologies for polymer nanocomposites for commercial application
- Reviews of current polymer nanotube systems to underscore the high potential of nanotubes as fillers
- Pathways for large-scale commercial applications ofnanotube nanocomposites
1. Carbon Nanotubes: An Introduction (V. Mittal).
2. Overview of Polymer Nanotube Nanocomposites (V. Mittal).
2.2 Methods of Nanotube Nanocomposites Synthesis.
2.3 Properties of Polymer Nanotube Nanocomposites.
3. New Microscopy Techniques for a Better Understanding of the Polymer/Nanotube Composite Properties (K. Masenelli-Varlot, A. Bogner, C. Gauthier, L. Chazeau and J.Y. Cavaillé).
3.2 Near Field Microscopy.
3.3 Transmission Electron Microscopy.
3.4 Scanning Electron Microscopy.
4. Polymer Nanocomposites with Clay and Carbon Nanotubes (Qiang Fu, Changyu Tang, Hua Oeng and Qin Zhang).
4.2 Electrical Properties of Polymer Composites with Clay and CNTs.
4.3 Mechanical Properties of Polymer Composites with Clay and CNTs.
4.4 Thermal and Flame Properties of Polymer Composites with Clay and CNTs.
4.5 Conclusion and Future Outlook.
5. Polyethylene Nanotube Nanocomposites (S. Kanagaraj).
5.2 Surface Modification of Carbon Nanotubes.
5.3 Dispersion of Nanotubes in Polyethylene Matrix.
5.4 Method of Preparation of CNT-PE Composites.
5.5 Interfacial Bonding and Load Transfer.
5.6 Material Characterization.
6. Properties of Polyurethane/Carbon Nanotube Nanocomposites (Tianxi Liu and Shuzhong Guo).
6.2 Preparation of CNT-Based Polyurethane Nanocomposites.
6.3 Functionalization, Dispersion Morphology and Micro-/Nano-structures.
6.4 Physical Properties.
7. Properties of PMMA/Carbon Nanotubes Nanocomposites (R.B. Mathur, Shailaja Pande and B.P. Singh).
7.2 Fabrication/Processing of CNT-PMM A Composites.
7.3 Mechanical Properties of CNT-PMMA Composites.
7.4 Electrical Properties of CNT-PMMA Composites.
7.5 Thermal Properties.
8. Synthesis of Vinyl Polymer/Carbon Nanotube Nanocomposites Prepared by Suspension Polymerization and Their Properties (P. Slobodian).
8.2 Free Radical Polymerization.
8.3 Suspension and Bulk Polymerization Techniques.
8.4 In-situ Radical Polymerization in Presence of CNT.
8.5 Polymer/CNT Composite Microspheres.
8.6 Electrorheology of Polymer/CNT Nanocomposites Prepared by in-situ Suspension Polymerization.
9. Polylactide-Based Carbon Nanotube Nanocomposites (Srikanth Pilla, Shaoqin Gong and Lih-Sheng Turng).
9.2 Synthesis of PLA.
9.3 Carbon Nanotubes.
9.4 Preparation of PLA-CNT Nanocomposites.
9.5 Viscoelastic Properties.
9.6 Thermal Properties.
9.7 Mechanical Properties.
9.8 Thermal Degradation Properties.
9.9 Electrical Conductivity Properties.
10. Synthesis and Properties of PEEK/Carbon Nanotube Nanocomposites (A.M. Diez-Pascual, J.M. González-Domínguez, Y. Marttnez-Rubi, M. Naffakh, A. Ansón, M.T. Martínez, B. Simará ana M.A. Gómez).
10.2 Poly(ether ether ketone)s: Structure, Synthesis and Properties.
10.3 Synthesis, Purification and Characterization of the SWCNTs.
10.4 Integration of the Carbon Nanotubes in the PEEK Matrix.
10.5 Characterization of PEEK/Carbon Nanotube Nanocomposites.
10.6 Concluding Remarks.
11. Synthesis and Properties of PVA/Carbon Nanotube Nanocomposites (C. Mercader, P. Poulin and C. Zakri).
11.2 Synthesis Methods and Structural Properties of Nanotubes / PVA Composites.
11.3 Mechanical Properties of the Composites.
11.4 Electrical Properties.
11.5 Other Original Properties of PVA/Nanotube Composites.
12. Elastomers Filled with Carbon Nanotubes (Liliane Bokobza).
12.2 Composite Processing.
12.3 Electrical Properties.
12.4 Mechanical Properties.
12.5 Spectroscopic Characterization.
12.6 Thermal Stability.
13. Specific Interactions Induced Controlled Dispersion of Multiwall Carbon Nanotubes in Co-Continuous Polymer Blends (Suryasarathi Bose, Arup R. Bhattacharyya, Rupesh A. Khare and Ajit R. Kulkarni).
13.3 Results and Discussion.
14. Effect of Structure and Morphology on the Tensile Properties of Polymer/Carbon Nanotube Nanocomposites (Jtngjing Qiu and Shiren Wang).
14.2 Structure and Morphology Characterization.
14.3 Concluding Remarks.
15. Polymer Nanotube Composites: Promises and Current Challenges (Atnal M.K. Esawi and Mahmoud M. Farag).
15.1 Carbon Nanotubes.
15.2 Case Studies.
Polymer Nanotube Nanocomposites: Synthesis, Properties, and Applications (US $192.00)
-and- Introduction to Surface Engineering and Functionally Engineered Materials (US $183.00)
Total List Price: US $375.00
Discounted Price: US $281.25 (Save: US $93.75)