Impedance Spectroscopy: Applications to Electrochemical and Dielectric Phenomena
Unique features of the book include theoretical considerations for dealing with modeling, equivalent circuits, and equations in the complex domain, review of impedance instrumentation, best measurement methods for particular systems and alerts to potential sources of errors, equations and circuit diagrams for the most widely used impedance models and applications, figures depicting impedance spectra of typical materials and devices, extensive references to the scientific literature for more information on particular topics and current research, and a review of related techniques and impedance spectroscopy modifications.
1. Fundamentals of electrochemical impedance spectroscopy 1
2. Graphical representation of impedance spectroscopy data 23
3. Equivalent-circuit elements and modeling of the impedance phenomenon 37
4. Examples of ideal equivalent circuit models 49
5. Impedance representation of bulk-material and electrode processes 59
6. Distributed impedance models 97
7. Impedance analysis of complex systems 113
8. Impedance Instrumentation, testing, and data validation 163
9. Selected examples of impedance-analysis applications: electroactive polymer films 205
10. Selected examples of EIS analysis applications: industrial colloids and lubricants 219
11. Selected examples of EIS analysis applications: cell suspensions, protein adsorption, and implantable biomedical devices 247
12. Selected examples of impedance-analysis applications 281
13. Impedance-spectroscopy modifications 319
14. Conclusions and perspectives of EIS 333
Abbreviations and Symbols 335
Vadim F. Lvovich is currently a Chief Principal Engineer in the Aerospace and Electronics division of Crane Corporation. He also holds a position as an Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering at Case Western Reserve University. His career has encompassed a number of senior level research and development positions in specialty chemicals, petrochemicals, biomedical devices, sensors, and electronics industries. He has authored over forty major research publications and review chapters, received nine patents, and given thirty major conference presentations.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Impedance Spectroscopy: Applications to Electrochemical and Dielectric Phenomena (US $123.00)
-and- Electrochemical Science and Technology: Fundamentals and Applications (US $74.00)
Total List Price: US $197.00
Discounted Price: US $147.75 (Save: US $49.25)